- 11 May 2007 (expires 1 Jul 2007)
- Call for LGBT Parent Study Participants
- My research protocol has been approved by the GWU Office of Human Research Institutional Review Board
and was recently distributed through the Human Rights Campaign, Family Project list-serv and the Mombian blog
This project is being sponsored by the Gay Family Foundation, a Washington D.C. based organization that
works to support LGBT issues (www.gffonline.org). The focus groups are scheduled to take place in Washington D.C.
and in Baltimore, MD, though there are opportunities to take part in one-on-one interviews as well.
- Click here for the Informed Consent Form
- Contact Information
Maternal and Child Health
School of Public Health and Health Services The George Washington University
- 21 Aug 2006
- Call for Submissions and Participants for Bi Women of Color Book:
- I am currently working on a book about the sociology and psychology of bisexual women of color in our culture. I am searching for volunteers to participate in this project in either one or all of the following areas:
- -Participate in an anonymous survey addressing psychological issues and bisexual women of color
- -Participate in an anonymous survey addressing sociological issues and bisexual women women of color
- -Submit an essay, 3-5 pages long, in your own words, addressing your experience as a bisexual woman of color,
including your relationships, self identity, role as a parent, etc.
- Each of the surveys will take about 20-25 minutes, and can be done either by phone or email.
The essay will be a short testimonial and journal addressing several areas. I will provide all
contributors with a guide of areas to address, but it will ultimately be up to you on what you
would like to say and how you express yourself; the final version will not be published without
- I am encouraging all bi women of color and different ethnicities to participate. The overall goal
of this book is to effectively increase our visibility, educate others about our lives, and allow us
a space in which we can talk about what is important to us today, and what we are hoping for the future
and the future of our children.
- I am looking for women ages 18 and over, and transgender women are strongly encouraged to participate as well.
- I look forward to hearing from you and working with you.
- Thank you. Please feel free to contact me with any questions. Please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. I am based
in New York, and looking forward to hearing from my bi sisters in other parts of the country.
Vanessa Brown, MA
- 15 Mar 2006
- (Los Angeles, CA) New Group for Parents, Guardians and Caregivers of Transgender & Questioning Youth
- Who : FTM Alliance of Los Angeles, CA
- First Meeting is 28 Mar 2006, Childrens Hospital Los Angeles
- Flyer (PDF) : Flyer, FTM Alliance Group
- More Info: FTM Alliance of Los Angeles
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 323-462-4755
- 28 Mar 2006
- (Portland, OR) New group for trans-identified trauma survivors, at my office on NE Sandy near 33rd.
- Clients must agree to maintain confidentiality.
- Tuesday eves, $15/session.
- Catherine Pivetti, MA, 503 740 9555.
- I am also considering a group for parents experiencing depression